Monday, December 05, 2005

Car-less for a Day

I needed to get my car to the shop one day in early November, and decided instead of bothering someone to give me a ride home, I'd use the bus system (I've been increasingly trying to find excuses to use the bus lately... its fun!). The bus does not go by the mechanic's shop, but it is a short bike ride from the shop to the nearest bus stop which is near St. Michael's College in Colchester. All the Burlington buses are equipped with a bike rack on the front. So I drove to the shop with the bicycle (and without brakes, which is what I was dropping it off for!), left the key, and rode the bike over to St Mike's. While waiting for the bus, I took these pics. See what you miss when you drive?

I'm in a field across the road from St Mike's, facing southish.

000_0351lighter


The tallest peak you see below is "Camel's Hump":
000_0350lighter


Here's Camel's Hump, normal zoom:
View from St Mike's 1


This is facing sort of southwest. You can see the Burlington International (ha!) Airport control tower there:
000_0352llighter

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,
I love your pictures!. Camel hump, normal zoom is my favorite! WOW!
Post some more soon!

Monday, December 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reminder to us all to stop and take in the beauty that surrounds us on a daily basis that many travel from other states to see! Side note, all these years living in VT and have yet to hike Camel's Hump-you reminded me to put in on my list for some early summer hiking.

Thursday, October 26, 2006  
Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

Excellent! I've done it only once... definitely need to again. The daily grind is so distracting!

Thursday, October 26, 2006  

Post a Comment