Monday, June 13, 2005

Rhode Island/ Mystic Seaport, CT Wedding

My friend Guillaume came to the wedding too, along with lots of other people I know from Burlington. Sometimes I wish I could be more like Guillaume, swallowing my pride and not worrying about what others think.


This was NOT one of those times




The reception was at the Mystic Art Association, right on the Mystic River. What a place!

The Argia is coming. Cool! I want it.


The Argia is going! What a cool boat!


Some of the slips. I like the ketch in the middle there, even if the aluminum masts painted gold are cheezy. If I wanted to pretend my mast was wooden, I think it would be more tasteful to paint it white or some other color than try to use gold as a faux-pas clear wood finish. Just me. But I'll take it, just the same. :)


Here comes the wedding party.


The wedding party has arrived.


The couples arriving


The newlyweds arriving


Just a cool old boat motoring by. Dismasted cat-rigger?


The hotel we stayed in was quite a contrast to the Philadelphia hotel from last weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tell Guilliame I said nice kilt!!! lol Miss u my friend keep in touch.

Michele

Tuesday, June 28, 2005  
Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

Will do! :) Yeah, sorry about that. Been getting busy and trying to find that happy medium between getting stuff done, and not neglecting friends. Pendulum is toward the former at the moment, but its swinging back. :)

Wednesday, June 29, 2005  

Post a Comment