Monday, July 03, 2006

Sailing 7/3/06

Here's the photo's of the day in chronological order:
000_0528
Above: Cat and Christine

Below: A parasailer who looked like he was having fun
000_0529

Below:3 generations. This is Noelle, her mom, and her grandmother. Grandma was not about to be left out of the action and did a fine job with the jib sheets.
000_0530

Below: They wanted to take a picture of me from my photographers seat.
000_0531brighterer

Then Dan came with me but I forgot to take a picture of him, but he's appeared here before.

Below: This is Megan, Betsy, Lori, and Lauren , who were in town visiting GMS2006. Betsy and Lori were fellow leaders with me in GMS2003. Lauren was in GMS2005. All are from Penn State.
000_0532

Below: Cat came back (they thought she was a gonner but the Cat came back, the very next day... ok, enough of that) with Mark. They are both in the UVM med program.
000_0533brighter

Below: Hannah, Lydia, Lea, and Heather. Hannah is the only one who walked the plank today.
000_0534

Below: Cat came back (she just wouldn't stay away... de dum, de dum, de dum dum dum... oops sorry, tune just keeps coming back...) with Doug and George.
000_0535

Below: They also wanted to take a picture of me from my photographer's perch:
000_0537

... and then Brad, Cat, Christine, and Sam joined me after dark to watch the fireworks from the boat. I didn't take any pictures, but I think others did and hopefully they'll email them to me soon. We finally docked at midnite!

5 Comments:

Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

I didn't know FOUR GMSers were in town! Are they still around?

Thursday, July 06, 2006  
Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

Well, if you are referring to the 4 in the boat, only 3 have ever been GMS'ers. But there is a GMSer (Sarah G) from 03 who is here as a team leader this year, so that'd be a 4th. The visitors vanished almost as quickly as they appeared... left Tuesday morning I think. There is a recently graduated Elizabeth from Cornell coming soon, just for a day (a Saturday, the 29th I believe it is).

Thursday, July 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy I really like these sailing pics...The lighthouse and other sail boats are gorgeous! Jan's Mom has a book on light houses only and i am sure i saw a similar one in there...
Umm also I like your shoes...are they new? :)

Thursday, July 06, 2006  
Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

HA! I suspect those shoes are older than some of the kids in our Youth Group!!!

Friday, July 07, 2006  
Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

Haha! Well, not quite, but I've had them over a year anyway. Still in fashion apparently! :-)

Saturday, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment