Friday, December 01, 2006

Down with the Wallpaper!

100_0255
It just peeled right off! But, uh oh, I didn't even notice these water stains until I saw them in this photo as I uploaded it. Not surprising; the roof above this room is known to have problems, which will be addressed next spring. So, in the meantime, I'm going to ignore it. No sense tearing apart and fixing a wall that doesn't have a sound roof over it. Once the roof is squared away, I'll open this up to make sure there's no rotten insulation in there.
100_0256
That big corner thing is a closet from the adjacent bedroom. This bedroom is tiny, almost too tiny to be used as a bedroom, but if I tear out this closet it would be usable and that's what I'm going to do. There's another spot in the other room where I can build a closet... the other room can spare the square-footage more easily than this one can.
100_0257
And there's the 60-year-old wallpaper, killed in 30 minutes on my way to work!
100_0258

0 Comments:

Post a Comment